To be an effective and efficient refugee and Asylum Seekers service.
To manage provision of protection services to refugees and Asylum seekers in Kenya.
Provide protection and welfare services to all refugees and asylum seekers in Kenya
- Maintain high moral and ethical standards
- Ensure efficiency and effectiveness in giving services to refugees
- Observe high level of human rights and dignity of refugees
- Integrity, honesty, transparency and accountability in serving refugees
- Foster team spirit of DRA team
- Impartiality and fairness to all refugees in Kenya
- Client focus
Functions of the Department of Refugee Services (DRS)
The Government has been tasked to ensure that the Department is comprised of relevant officers with the requisite expertise necessary to assist the Commissioner in the performance of his/her duties. Section 7 of the Refugee Act 2021, established the Department of Refugee Services which whose functions are:
- Responsibility for all administrative matters concerning asylum seekers and refugees in Kenya
- To co-ordinate activities and programmes relating to asylum seekers and refugees; and
- To handle all operational aspects of protection and assistance of refugees.